For the purposes of this website and all ancillary or affiliated materials and activities, use of the term “Care for Your Mind” in referring to an entity includes Care for Your Mind (CFYM) as a collaborative entity as well as the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) and Families for Depression Awareness (FFDA), individually or jointly, as applicable, which also when appropriate in context encompasses their employees, officers, directors, advisors, consultants, contractors, volunteers, successors, assigns, and monitors.
careforyourmind.familyaware.org is a free information source for site visitors (users). By using this site, you understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use:
CFYM provides information and commentary about the mental health care system and mental health care system reform for educational purposes. This site does not provide counseling or crisis intervention services. Individuals in need of these services should contact their health care provider or community mental health center or 1-800-273-8255 (TALK). If you are, or someone you know is, having immediate thoughts of self-harm, suicide, or harm to others, immediately call 911.
Purpose of careforyourmind.familyaware.org
This site and its services are for educational use only. This site is not a source for obtaining or sharing medical information; nor is it a support group or service that provides emotional, peer, or other support, or counseling, or crisis intervention; nor is it a forum for discussion of any person’s diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, or other information about emotional, medical, behavioral, or substance use conditions; nor is it an appropriate forum for discussion of particular providers, medications, facilities, or companies. Nothing contained in this site is or should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We advise users to always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions. The services provided on this site are intended solely to educate people with mood disorders and their families, and other interested people, about the mental health care system and mental health care reform.
Modification of Terms and Conditions; Modification or Discontinuation of Site
Any information contained on or provided through careforyourmind.familyaware.org is provided on an “as is” basis. That means that the information contained on or provided through this web site is intended for general consumer understanding and education. All access to this site is voluntary and at the sole risk of the user.
NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES
CFYM cannot and does not guarantee or warrant against errors, omissions, delays, interruptions, or losses, including loss of data.
- We do not make any express or implied warranties, representations, or endorsements of any kind whatsoever (including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement, or any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to careforyourmind.familyaware.org, or with respect to any information, service, or other material provided on or through careforyourmind.familyaware.org.
- We do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, correctness, timeliness, or usefulness of any information, services, or other material provided through careforyourmind.familyaware.org or on the internet generally.
- We make no warranty or guarantee that access to or the information on careforyourmind.familyaware.org will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- We are not liable to any user or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by based on reliance upon the information contained on or provided through careforyourmind.familyaware.org.
- We also do not warrant or guarantee that files available for downloading through the service will be free of infections or viruses, worms, or other code that contains contaminating or destructive properties.
Waiver of Liability
Visitors agree to hold harmless CFYM, DBSA, and FFDA, and their employees, officers, directors, advisors, consultants, contractors, volunteers, successors, assigns, and monitors from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of, or inability to use, this web site; any function on this web site; any information contained in or on this web site; or any other sites to which it is linked. Visitors also agree to hold harmless CFYM, DBSA, and FFDA, and their employees, officers, directors, advisors, consultants, contractors, volunteers, successors, and assigns from all claims arising out of any loss of data, or inability to retrieve data, inputted into, or housed on, the site.
In no event shall CFYM or its affiliated entities be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of information posted on careforyourmind.familyaware.org.
Descriptions of or references to pieces of legislation or laws, positions, products, or publications does not imply endorsement of those pieces of legislation or laws, positions, products, or publications. Statements on careforyourmind.familyaware.org do not necessarily represent the views of anyone other than those writing the posts, nor do views expressed in comments necessarily reflect the views of any authors of posts or of CFYM.
You agree that, other than careforyourmind.familyaware.org providing information about mental health care policy for people with mood disorders and their families, CFYM does not target any one group. Because the site is designed for educational purposes, you also agree that it does not constitute “doing business” in any specific jurisdiction or soliciting business for DBSA or FFDA, nor does this informational service establish “minimum contacts” with any jurisdiction outside of the State of Illinois or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
All site users represent and warrant that they are at least 18 years of age and that they possess the legal right and ability to agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, and agree to use this site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Users will not post, upload, or transmit any communications or content that infringes on or violates the rights of any party, including but not limited to intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights.
- Users will not use this site for any unlawful purpose.
- Users will not use this site as a means to distribute advertising or other unsolicited material, including but not limited to requests for donations, chain letters, and pyramid schemes.
- Users will not post material that utilizes inappropriate language; constitutes a personal attack; shares any confidential or false information; is unlawful, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, grossly inaccurate, discriminatory, offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity; is product-specific, facility-specific, or provider-specific; or is otherwise targeted, unfair, or tarnishing; all as determined by CFYM or its agents, in its sole discretion.
- Users will not impersonate another person or misrepresent an affiliation to any organization, office, or entity.
- Users will not allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Users will not post the same note more than once or “spam.”
- Users will not hold CFYM, or DBSA or FFDA, or any of their employees, officers, directors, advisors, consultants, contractors, volunteers, successors, assigns, and monitors liable for damages including but not limited to loss of wages, revenue, or business because of any services related to or provided by this site. The sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the services of this site will be to stop using the careforyourmind.familyaware.org.
- Users will indemnify CFYM, and DBSA and FFDA, and all of their employees, officers, directors, advisors, consultants, contractors, volunteers, successors, assigns, and monitors against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, or expenses including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs arising out of a claim by a third party relating to use of careforyourmind.familyaware.org, or any breach or violation of these Terms and Conditions, or any other terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or other directives related to use of careforyourmind.familyaware.org.
- Users agree to comply with all user responsibilities and obligations as stated in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Unless otherwise indicated, the trademarks, service marks, logos, designs, slogans, and trade dress displayed on this web site, and the domain name(s) for this web site (collectively, “Trademarks”), are registered or unregistered Trademarks of Care for Your Mind and its affiliated organizations. You may not use any of these Trademarks in any way without the prior written consent of Care for Your Mind.
Use of Blogs
We endeavor to make careforyourmind.familyaware.org a safe place for the respectful, open exchange of ideas. Users are not permitted to post material that CFYM deems inappropriate in language, tone, or message, as specified in the guidelines below and in the careforyourmind.familyaware.org Terms and Conditions of Use. CFYM will edit or delete any such content posted in comments or counter-views accordingly.
Each user must register with his or her real name or utilize a true social media identity to participate in the blog comments.
If you use the blog feature, you agree to the following.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on the blog, you give Care for Your Mind (“CFYM”), including DBSA and FFDA together or individually, the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post, upload, or transmit any communications or content that infringes on the rights of any third party, including but not limited to intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights
- Use this site for any unlawful purpose
- Post advertisements or use the site for the distribution of any unsolicited material, including but not limited to requests for donations, chain letters, and pyramid schemes
- Post material that utilizes inappropriate language; constitutes a personal attack; shares any confidential or false information; is unlawful, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, grossly inaccurate, discriminatory, offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity; is product-specific, facility-specific, or provider-specific; or is otherwise targeted, unfair, or tarnishing, all as determined by CFYM (including its agents) in its sole discretion
- Impersonate another person or misrepresent an affiliation with an organization, office, or entity
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Post the same note more than once or “spam”
CFYM reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions
- Terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify CFYM against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
CFYM does not obtain information that will personally identify web site visitors, unless visitors choose to provide such information by using the site’s interactive features including but not limited to posting comments and submitting a personal story. In order to measure performance of careforyourmind.familyaware.org, we may collect or cause to be collected information about visitors’ use of this web site without any personal or identifying information, including information such as but not limited to domain name from which a user accesses the Internet; the date, time, and duration a user was connected to the site; the Internet address of the web site from which a user linked directly to this CFYM web site; the type of browser used to access this site; and the search engine and keywords used when searching for this site.
Other than sharing information with DBSA and FFDA, CFYM does not give, rent, share, sell, or transfer any personal information collected on this site with outside entities without users’ permission. When inquiries are e-mailed to CFYM, the message and email address are stored to allow CFYM personnel to respond electronically. Unless otherwise required by statute, CFYM does not identify publicly who sends questions or comments through this web site.
When deemed appropriate at its sole discretion, CFYM or its affiliates may provide user information, including identifying information that may have been entered into the site by the user, to authorized law enforcement agencies when the site has been used in connection with illegal practices. CFYM and its affiliates reserve the right, but assume no obligation and expressly do not imply the intention, to contact authorities when a user provides sufficient identifying information and indicates the immediate intention to cause harm to herself or himself or others.